- In the years immediately before and after World War II, we built petroleum storage and distribution facilities throughout New England for Esso Oil Corporation
- We completed multiple projects on Naval Station Newport During WWII
- Our Founder’s son, Henry V. Collins, Jr., joined the company in 1954
- We have deep expertise working with the Department of Defense, having completed more than $100 million in Design-Build construction projects for the federal government
- In 1990, we completed work on One Citizens Plaza in Providence, RI
- In 1996, Patrick Collins became Vice President, commencing our firm’s third generation of family leadership
- Some of our most recent projects include: Rhode Island College’s Gaige and Craig-Lee Hall Renovations, Irwin M. Jacobs Elementary School in New Bedford MA, and the Early Childhood Education Center in Dedham, MA
In 1924, H. V. Collins Company opened the doors to our Providence, Rhode Island-based firm with the primary objective of providing clients with reliable and high quality construction project delivery. The firm maintained stability during the Great Depression, becoming a trusted partner for institutional construction work. After the second World War, our focus expanded to include processing, storage and pipeline distribution systems for the petroleum industry. Over nine decades, our work has expanded to include everything from Department of Defense design-build projects to higher education renovations, from commercial construction management projects to multi-family residential developments.
Today, we are honored to serve as one of New England’s premier builders, committed to growing relationships through consistent service of the highest caliber. The culture of our company is imbued with this commitment, starting with ownership and setting the tone for all we do.
Take a look at some historical pictures of our business below! Click on an image to enlarge it.
Our work is purpose-driven. Success can only be mutual
Acting transparently and with the highest degree of integrity in all we do
Keeping the needs of our clients at the center of every engagement
Delivering consistent and favorable outcomes
Recognizing that service to others defines us